One of the first teas I remember falling in love with was a jasmine tea – one of those in the pretty orange tins that I’m pretty sure all Chinese families drink. I’ve always loved the scent of jasmine, and I love green teas, so when I found Harney & Sons’ Dragon Pearl Jasmine available during breakfast during a shoot, I tried it – and fell in love.
So I ended up going to Harney & Sons and getting four ounces of the tea – which is actually a ton since I don’t really need too many pearls per cup and I can resteep the tea quite a few times. This stash will probably last me a good year or so – I’ve already had it for a few months and I still haven’t even made a dent!
- Mmmmmm…. I love the scent of jasmine. It’s somehow so calming.
- I love these little pearls – they’re so pretty!
- Ok, must make sure to not forget about the tea leaves while they’re steeping this time…
- Just going to steep a few pearls – a pinch should be enough.
- TYPE: Green tea | Straight
- DIRECTIONS: Steep at 175ºF for three minutes
- I steeped my pinch of pearls at 195ºF for two minutes because I was too lazy to boil my kettle.
- BLEND: Green tea leaves rolled into pearls, infused with jasmine flowers
- SCENT: Jasmine. Lots of jasmine.
- BREW: My first steep was a pale yellow, and every resteep just got lighter.
- TASTE: The first few sips had the usual grassy green tea flavor, with some type of sweet aftertaste. My cup also had a lovely floral flavor toward the end.
- RATING: 4.5/5 – This is definitely one of my favorite teas and is always stocked in my cupboard. It’s exactly what I crave when I want a straight green or a floral tea.