I’ve always loved pu’er teas – I just didn’t know it. It’s the default restaurant tea that I get during dim sum – surprise! So when I found out that DAVIDsTEA made a tea that combined two of my favorite flavors – pu’er tea and oranges – I knew I had to try it.
When I went to DAVIDsTEA, I fell in love with the way Juicy Orange smelled, so I got two ounces. I just didn’t realize how much two ounces of this particular tea made – it’s been over a year and I still have a ton of tea left. But thanks to DAVIDsTEA’s awesome packaging, the tea still smells and tastes the same.
- The tea still smells like oranges and bright sunny mornings – yay!
- I forgot how pretty this tea is… and how few tea leaves are in this tea.
- This would be perfect for my second or third cup of tea in the morning.
- TYPE: Pu’er tea | Flavored
- DIRECTIONS: 1.25 tsp tea per eight ounces of water | Steep for 4-7 minutes in 205ºF water
- I used one teaspoon for about six ounces of water and steeped for about five minutes.
- BLEND: Pu’er tea, black tea, hibiscus, blackberry leaves, orange pieces & peel, safflower, natural tangerine & orange flavoring
- SCENT: Smelled like bright orange peels, dry and after steeping.
- BREW: Steeped into a dark caramel color.
- TASTE: I could barely taste the orange flavor when it was hot, it just tasted like flavored water. But when I let the tea cool, I tasted more of the orange flavors. I definitely like this better as an iced tea.
- RATING: 4/5 as an iced tea. It’s perfect for summer mornings after my first usual cup of tea.