I hate chocolate teas – like seriously hate them. Most chocolate teas just taste like seriously watered down hot chocolate, but when I tried this one at DAVIDsTEA one day, I found that I didn’t mind it one bit. So in true Michelle fashion, I bought an ounce.
So when it snowed the other day, I thought it would be the perfect time to drink Snow Day! A bit of minty chocolate on a cold, snowy day is always a good idea.
- This minty chocolate scent is seriously strong.
- Oh there’s actual chocolate in this tea… am I supposed to melt it?
- The snowflake sprinkles are so adorable!
- I hope this tastes as good as it did at the store…
- TYPE: Herbal infusion | Flavored
- DIRECTIONS: 1-2 tsp tea per 16 ounces of water | Steep for 4-7 minutes in near boiling water
- I used 1.5 teaspoons for about 10 ounces of water, steeped for four minutes
- BLEND: Peppermint leaves, cocoa beans, cocoa husk, chocolate, white chocolate, sprinkles, natural & artificial flavoring. Contains milk.
- SCENT: Chocolate with a hint of mint.
- BREW: Surprisingly light brown for a tea with chocolate in it with a small sheen of oil on top of the tea.
- TASTE: Maybe I didn’t wait long enough for the chocolate and sprinkles melt but it tasted like a dirty mint tea – reminding me why I hated chocolate tea. Next time I’ll try letting all the chocolate and sprinkles melt and seeing how it tastes then.
- RATING: 2.5/5 – It tasted better at the store somehow… maybe it had time to let all the chocolate and sprinkles to melt. Maybe I was just too impatient and didn’t allow the tea to properly brew.