I meant to post this yesterday, but due to yesterday’s hecticness (and my lack of preparation), it didn’t happen. I either need to drink more tea when I’m home, or I need a kettle and a teapot at my new office. Anyway, a few years ago, I decided to stop drinking coffee… Only I ended up stopping cold turkey. It was not a good look on me, and definitely not my best idea. During my post-coffee haze, I started to go a bit tea crazy. I had always had a healthy appreciation for straight, unflavored teas – growing up in an Asian household tends to create a certain love for tea – but working by DAVIDsTEA introduced me to this new, unexplored world of tea. Soon, I found myself buying all the tea I could find… which is how I’ve found myself in this position of having way more teas than I can drink, which is why I started blogging about my teas!
Anyway, during this post-coffee haze, I discovered that you could buy tea on Etsy! I literally have no recollection of finding Tea… & Other Things’ Etsy shop, but I ended up buying a few teas and then subscribing to their three-month tea subscription. (This subscription seems to no longer be available. Also, the shop’s name seems to have changed to The Tea Hippies.) Needless to say, my tea collection grew quite exponentially during my haze – I blame the sudden lack of high levels of caffeine for my memory loss.
One of the teas I bought from Tea… & Other Things was a Doctor Who themed tea – “Rose on a Beach.” At the time, I had been determined to start watching Doctor Who, and I wanted to drink and wear a ton of Doctor Who themed merchandise while I had a serious marathon. Of course, in true Michelle fashion, I never did have that marathon, but I’m still left with all of my Doctor Who themed tea. And since I have a new appreciation (read: obsession) for rose black tea, I decided to finally open my package of rose black tea this week.
- I love the smell of rose black tea. It’s so sweet and fragrant.
- The little rose petals are so cute!
- I hope it’s not too crushed from being in storage for so long…
- TYPE: Black tea | Flavored
- DIRECTIONS: 1 tsp per 8 ounces of water | Steep 2-3 minutes; no temperature given
- I used 2 teaspoons for my 16-ounce mug, steeped for 3 minutes at 205ºF
- BLEND: Black tea with rose petals, rosehips and rose buds.
- SCENT: Sweet, floral rose scent with an earthy undertone
- BREW: Light brown with red undertones
- TASTE: Super floral and slightly sweet
- RATING: 5/5 – I’ve fallen in love with black teas with rose and this one is seriously delicious.