While I adore loose tea, there are days where I’m just really lazy and/or tired and just want to dunk a tea bag into some hot tea and enjoy that. I also adore my British uncle, who tends to bring me boxes of tea whenever he visits. I’m finally finishing up the last few bags from a box he brought over a few years ago. This particular tea is my favorite night time tea, and I only tend to drink it when I’m either exhausted or wanting to treat myself… like last night. (Which is why I passed out before finishing and posting this. I was TIRED.)
Has anybody else noticed that Twinings UK tea just tastes different from Twinings USA? Maybe the ratios differ or something, but the Twinings’ Earl Grey and Lady Grey teas here are WEAK. No wonder I tend to bring a separate luggage just for tea and clothes whenever I hop across the pond. ANYWAY, my favorite night time tea from Twinings UK is from their “A Moment of Calm” collection from oh so long ago – the “African Honeybush, Mandarin & Orange” flavor. It’s just so delicious and calming – especially when I add a spoonful of honey to my mug. I’m probably going to cry when I finally finish these tea bags… especially because I can’t find it on the Twinings UK website! UK friends – DOES THIS STILL EXIST?! HELP.
I didn’t end up cutting this bag open so I could see what the tea looked like… mainly because I grabbed a tea bag tonight so that I could be lazy. Maybe I’ll open the bag the next time I grab this tea from my cupboard…
- I CANNOT WAIT TO DRINK THIS TEA. IT’S BEEN SUCH A LONG DAY.
- YES I STILL HAVE FOUR BAGS LEFT.
- NO! I ONLY HAVE THREE BAGS LEFT.
- Wait, is there even a difference between orange and mandarin?
- Where is my honey…. need a small spoonful for my tea.
- TYPE: Herbal infusion | Flavored
- DIRECTIONS: Infuse for 2-3 minutes in freshly boiled water.
- I used one bag and dumped it in my cup of boiled water and just let it steep while I got ready for bed. No idea how long it took but with herbal infusions, I don’t tend to mind how long it steeps.
- BLEND: Honeybush, natural orange and mandarin flavours, with other natural flavours.
- SCENT: Smells like honey with a hint of citrus.
- BREW: Definitely a honey color.
- TASTE: I always add a spoonful of honey to this tea, so the honey flavor really comes out. There’s a sweet citrus aftertaste too – probably why I love it so much.
- RATING: 4.5/5 – This is my favorite night time tea, so I’m quite upset that Twinings UK discontinued it. I guess I should go and try the US version… hopefully it’s the same!