It’s a long weekend and I’m spending it hiding away at my parent’s new house. As I get older, I’m realizing that I actually don’t mind getting out of the city once in a while to hide out, slow down, and just relax. I’ve always been a homebody, but I’m definitely appreciating the days I get to come out here. Since I don’t know how to drive, I’m literally stranded at home and end up finding ways to entertain myself… aka I tend to binge watch and FINALLY catch up on shows I love, read multiple books and catch up on work or blogging.
I’ve also started bringing tea here and binge drinking my teas – I mean, what else am I to do? Since I’ve stopped drinking coffee, I’ve started drinking teas with yerba maté and guayusa – two of the most commonly used natural stimulants in the world. I was actually introduced to both at DAVIDsTEA, which is probably why they make my favorite maté and guayusa blends. Queen of Tarts was one of the first blends that I tasted at DAVIDsTEA, and it still remains one of my favorites.
- HIBISCUS. I do love a good tart tea.
- Can not wait. Can not wait. I love this tea.
- Where is my sugar…. Need sugar if it’s hot.
- I forgot this was a pretty tea.
- TYPE: Guayasa/Maté | Flavored
- DIRECTIONS: 1 1/4 tsp per 8 ounces of water | Steep 4-7 min at 185ºF
- I used 2 teaspoons for my 16-ounce mug, steeped for 2 minutes at 200ºF
- BLEND: Hibiscus, guayusa, stevia, marigold, with natural flavoring
- SCENT: Smells like a LOT of hibiscus
- BREW: Dark red
- TASTE: Fruity but tart
- RATING: 5/5 – This is one of my favorite teas of all time.